Thursday, November 06, 2008

11.6 You gotta spend money to make money

Isn't that what FDR said to get things moving again? So I ask myself, after coming out of a quarterly meeting with my business, how is the pay freeze my company has initiated going to help me get the economy back on track.

I had heard rumors that this might be coming down but, at this company, rumors can easily be blown out of proportion. The rationalization is that in order to maintain our current leading position (let me just add here I work for a FORTUNE 100 company, not a mom & pop shop in po-dunk USA and not even a Fortune 500 company, but in the top 100) we need to preserve our cash. OK, I hold an MBA, I get the position we are in but it seems sad to me that the company is choosing this route to try and 'right-the-ship'.

I'm off to rethink my spending.

2 comments:

Peder said...

That sucks. Let's hope that it doesn't last long.

Kate said...

I don't understand money. Not one bit.