Tuesday, November 18, 2008

11.18 Brrr....

Yikes. It was a whopping 20' when I awoke this morning. I'm simply not ready for this.

I could be overreacting since I went for a run last night after work to help prepare my lungs, muscles and mind for next week's race. What the hell was I thinking signing up for a race at 5pm at the end of November. I hope there are a lot of people signed up and we run in a pack to keep each other warm.

It wasn't that bad, really. Once I got going and if I was running out of the wind. I did scare the bejesus out of myself running at dusk. I'm not sure if it is due to my lasik or if I would have the same issues wearing contacts but my vision at dusk sucks. My path takes me along a swampy area over a boardwalk that is often traveled by deer and other animals. I only had my hubby's book reading light with me (so I could shine it at other cars - not to help me navigate) so in the waning daylight I kept 'seeing' things that weren't there. Of course, when I came upon a person walking their two dogs along another dark part of the path, I nearly ran into him (he was not wearing white!!). I saw his little white dog just in time and veered around.

Needless to say I will be bringing a stronger flashlight with me next time.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Did you have lasix? I'm thinking about it!

And I'm scared of the dark, period. I'd need a big old flashlight!

carrster said...

You need a headlamp girl! They are awesome!!