Wednesday, November 26, 2008

11.26 Mmmm pumpkiny goodness

I whipped up a couple loaves of pumpkin chocolate chip bread. My sister and I got this recipe from a magazine my grandmother used to give us. It is super delish and because of the amount of pumpkin used I have to make four loaves (that's my rationalization).

I have been using one of those stone dishes and I have finally decided to chuck the thing. The last three loaves I have made recently haven't been cooked through. My teflon version doesn't have this problem. Last night I experimented by making a bigger loaf, I knew I would need to bake it longer because of the extra dough, but I had to pull it out before the sides and bottom burned to a crisp. When I turned it over the middle fell out and looked like gooey mess.

I thought these stone babies were supposed to be the best thing ever. I've had nothing but problems. If anyone has any suggestions other than tossing it, or maybe turning it into a pot for plants, let me know.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Pot for plants. THat's what I did with mine.