Thursday, November 20, 2008

11.20 In-freakin-somnia sucks

Working on roughly 4 hours of sleep, not tied to the babe. Don't have a clue what is causing this latest rash of sleeplessness. I haven't slept through the night in over a week. I've got to figure this out since I swear, every night I don't sleep I shave another year off my life.

So, shifting gears to the positive, maybe that will help. Little Missy (I'm changing her referral via the blog again just to spice things up - and those loving alliteration will catch my drift) is finally starting to say more things that sound like words. We finally got her to use the word buba for bubbles. We like to blow bubbles in the house while daddy is making dinner, keeps us occupied and allows me the chance to deflate after work. For many months now Little Missy has been grunting and we've been encouraging her to open her mouth to make sounds. The last couple of days she has been doing that more and more. And things sound more like words. I can almost hear the nuance between nana for banana and nana for grandma. Maybe it's just wishful thinking.

She painted a picture at ECFE yesterday with a feather. Dad said that she broke free from her fear of being without him for the first time yesterday and didn't cling to him during class. It only took 2 months for her to get used to the environment.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I've been battling my insomnia again, too. For me, it's the change in weather. It finally is cold enough that the heat runs throughout the night. Any little change makes sleep impossible. I feel for you!