Wednesday, November 05, 2008

11.5 Ack!

Anyone have any solutions for when your child pees on the carpet? Last night after bath, as I was trying to get Claire to come into her room, clean up the space and get things in place she peed on the carpet in the hallway. This is the second time she has pulled peeing on carpet. At this rate we're going to have to re-carpet the whole house.

The first time I was getting her dressed and she stood up and refused to sit down. I'm not one for slamming my child on the ground and so I was attempting to negotiate with her while moving her towards her diaper and she peed. On the new carpet in her room. I think we used a combo of pet cleaner and a water/vinegar combo. Seemed to do the trick and we made it through the rainy fall without a huge smell in her room.

Last night Pete put pet cleaner on it after soaking it up. I'm hoping that does the trick. Seriously, the carpet is probably 20 years old but I don't plan on living in this house for more than 2 more years so I'm not putting in new carpet.

Any tricks from parents who have had this issue? Step one is to not let your child run around without a diaper on, I get that, but in the event she does it again????

3 comments:

carrster said...

Hmmmm....That sucks! well, child pee is infinitely better smelling than CAT PEE!! I would think that your combination of cleaners should do the trick!

Meigan said...

Kids 'n Pets. You can buy it at Target. Great stuff!

Kate said...

Here's the solution for cat pee, which as Carrie reminds us, stinks to high heaven.

Drown it in vingear - through to the pad. Rub in baking soda with a brush of some sort. Let it dry. Then drown it in peroxide. Seriously. It doesn't mis-color the carpet at all.