Monday, March 12, 2007

Week 19

Nearly half way there!

The babe is as large as a small zuke. He/she has been swimming around like mad the last week. I have put my hand on my belly to see if it can be felt externally but so far it seems to be only on the inside. Next week at this time we should know if we are having baby boy Whitcomb or baby girl Whitcomb, provided he/she isn't curled up in a fashion that will not allow us to see. I'm not looking forward to the 32 oz of water I have to drink beginning at 6am but it will only be for an hour.

Apparently the babe can hear things going on around it (outside of the blood coursing through my veins). It will learn to recognize my voice and according to babycenter.com, the heart rate drops when the babe hears its mother's voice. Pretty cool. I guess I better stop swearing now, eh?

I'm still able to wear some of my pre-preggers shirts but most of them are sitting on the floor in the baby's room. We're getting new carpet installed in there on Thursday afternoon so I have to come up with some sort of plan. I am looking forward to getting the crap out of there soon, I am willing to park my car outside all spring if it means I can clean out the room and get the crib and such in place. So much to do - seems like so little time!

No comments: