Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Bingo & Beer at the Brew-Ha-Ha

A couple co-workers and I went to We Gotta Bingo last night at the Lowry Theatre. It's an interactive comdey along the lines of Tony & Tina's Wedding. We had a good time and I had some personal laughs as the premise of the show surrounds two St. Paul parishes being forced to consolidate at the Archbishop's request. My parish is in the exact same boat (except we don't have to physically combine the church.... yet). The perspective protrayed in the show is quite obviously over the top but based on what I have experienced with the discussions between our two parishes - not as far off as some might think. I kept thinking to myself that it would be wonderfully healthy fun for all the parish members of our combining churches to go and get a dose of humor about what we are trying to do. However, it could backfire on me...

The food was fantastic (catered in by either Cosetta's or Pazzaluna), some of the best lasagna I have ever had and the space was nice, a bit loud but that was part of the show. The polka band covering bands from Blondie to Outkast was one of the highlights for me. Nothing like seeing a 60 year old woman singing 'Hey Ya' by Outkast. This was also when 'Father Duncan' asked me to get up and shake it with him. Pretty funny to watch a pregnany lady and a priest shaking their goods.

All and all it was a good time had by all (especially the table of drunk ladies next to us!).

1 comment:

carrster said...

Sounds awesome! What a fun time.

BTW, you were in my dream last night smoking a long skinny cigar. I was SHOCKED but you said just one wouldn't hurt the baby. It was odd. We were in an elevator too so it was very odd. But thankfully not stinky haha!