Monday, February 19, 2007

Is she or isn't she?

Twice this weekend I heard "well I wondered but didn't want to say anything" when I mentioned to people that I was preggers. I'm showing a bit but unless you already know one would assume it is just me getting lazy and not exercising. Both of the people I heard this from hadn't seen me in several months/years so I'm not surprised they didn't want to say anything for fear that I would kill them. My weight obsession is well known in my circle of friends and no one wants to be the person to ask me if I am preggers without having a good idea that is the case.

My biggest issue is the 'other area' weight gain. If I could keep everything in the front of me I would be just fine but I gotta say, I'm not liking the extra weight that is finding its way to my hips and butt. Pete says it's all there to help me in the end, without it I couldn't handle pregnancy. I say that's bullshit and he is just trying to make me feel better. Needless to say I worked out last week and started lifting again (nothing too heavy so don't worry!).

I was also very surprised this weekend by how tired I was with the business of the weekend. My friend Jen got married on Saturday and I was one of the personal attendants. I was running around helping her pre-ceremony and pinning what seemed like a million corsages on people. I danced for quite a while at the reception but started to get a wee bit worried about the babe towards 11pm. I realized that I was dancing like I wasn't preggers. Jumping around and generally getting down (to the best of my ability). Was I doing any damage to the babe? Was he/she getting knocked about in the womb? I'm sure the babe was OK but nonetheless, it made me sit down and calm down. Pete wasn't with me (don't get me started on why he wasn't there) so I headed home by myself trying to repeat "everything is OK, everything is OK" over and over. I left the door open so Tabitha could come sleep with me, hoping it would help calm me down. I woke up on Sunday sore, tired and feeling like I was hungover. Knowing I didn't have anything with alcohol in it I came to the conclusion that I was dehydrated and started slamming water.

Interesting new development: my sense of smell is getting stronger and stronger. No aversions yet (which I hear is very common) but everything is much more potent.

1 comment:

carrster said...

ah - I'd like to see you shakin' your PG booty! :) It IS all there to 'help' you. I'm sure Pete's enjoying the new curves. :)