Thursday, January 11, 2007

Observe the ticker

As some insightful blog reader has already noted, I have posted a ticker at the top of the page. Yes, it is true, the Whitcomb brood is expanding. This will be grandchild number 9 on the Whitcomb side and grandchild number 4 (including Jordan) on the Pichner side. Estimated due date is the beginning of August. I head to my first OB exam in a couple of weeks so I hope to have more concrete information. Thus far it has consisted of my reading books, articles and websites. I have been really blessed with NO morning sickness or any other adverse reactions (not even a weird craviing to speak of - unless you count wanting to eat all the time), other than wanting to sleep all the time and not sleeping well at night. All very normal I hear.

So far I can still fit into most of my clothing, although I have to admit I was pushing the limit on some prior to having this excuse! We've already picked out paint colors for the baby's room (I have to tell you - that whole phrase kinda freaks me out) and Pete started sanding down the walls yesterday. We're going with green/yellow, sky blue and lucky clover. Since I am not a fan of pink I know that even if we are having a girl I was not going to princess out the room.

I vow to share as much as I can about this experience while keeping some of the more 'intimate' or 'sensitive' things to myself. As my friend J has already commented, good friends and all, she does not want to hear everything just yet. More news and pictures to come!

5 comments:

carrster said...

Ah share away!! It's good for us future-mothers to get the dirt from someone going through it rather than from a book. Holly, yours make the 13th baby that I know of being born (so far) this year! Whoops! 14th! My boss's daughter is due in 6 weeks. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Test said...

Thank you very much! I can't believe how many people are having kids - it's crazy.

carrster said...

I misspoke - you're the 15th!!!! (Did you know Jared J & his wife are expecting this month??) BABY EXPLOSION!!

Peder said...

Congrats! That's wonderful news.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, Holly! Congratulations!