Monday, May 12, 2008

My first official mom's day

I spent most of the weekend with my mom. Sans baby. This was the first night I have been away from her since she came home from the NICU. It was quite strange. While I was very relaxed at my parent's house, by noon on Sunday I was itching to get home. Being a working mom, I value my time with my little peanut.

And you should see what she is up to these days, tearing around the living room like a champ. She and I went for a visit at Ms. J's house last night as my friend, Ms. H, was in from LA. She was walking all around the living room, from one chair to the other with nary a hand on a couch/chair. So far she her longest walk has been roughly 7 feet. Holy cow. It is really happening. She is mobile, mobile, mobile. The best part is she doesn't get too fed up when she falls on her bottom. She just crawls over to the nearest table/chair and pulls herself up again. The only time we have an issue is when she bonks her head. And she bonked it good yesterday on the darn coffee table. Urgh. No matter how hard you try...

The best part of the day. She was walking around saying, mama, mmmmaaa, mama. Sure. It was probably a coincidence but I'm taking it :)

1 comment:

Meigan said...

Happy Mother's Day! She's growing up so fast!