Monday, May 05, 2008

My 200th Post!!!

Holy cow. I was actually going to post about my first 30 minute run in nearly 2 years but I just realized this is my 200th post. Doing a little dance in my cube.

So, as I was going to say. I had one of those runs this weekend where I felt like I could go forever. Well, not forever, really, but I wasn't dying when I got back home. I almost called my dad and told him we should rethink the 'quitting while we are ahead to train for a marathon' thing. I know I didn't do my full 3 miles but for not having run for many moons, I felt pretty darn good. I now have a new technique. Run with the jogging stroller 3 days a week and then doing a long run without the jogger. Man, I can run a lot faster and longer when I am not pushing a 20 lb kid in a 20 lb stroller.

Now, if I could just drop the extra 10 lbs I am carrying I'll be FLYING!

2 comments:

Kate said...

great job! You and Meigan are busy getting fit. I might be swayed to do something about myself! Gasp!

Meigan said...

Congrats on 200! I think you should aim for another hundred this month.

Nice on the running! And you're saying the "M" word - awesome! There was a great show on Nova about marathon training last week. I think you can still watch it on their internet site - check it out if you have time. It's educational & inspiring.