Friday, December 22, 2006

It's a rebuilding year, right?

In years past the need to beat Green Bay has been strong. I spent most of my college years surrounded by Packer fans since many of my college roomies were from WI. We turned those games into bets for beer, head shaving and the like. I have since calmed down quite a bit but a loss like the one last night still leaves me dissappointed and frustrated.

I realize we have a new coach, a rookie quarterback and that the weather was hostile in Green Bay (when isn't it??) but really, we looked horrible. Not only did we fail to develop any sort of offense but the 'zone defense' wasn't exactly spot on. Although Antione Winfield once again showed the rest of the team how to actually play football. Granted, without a solid receiving core we have some issues but it's not like we don't have other play makers on the team. I don't expect MN teams to win every year and be fantasic all the time but his season has been really disappointing. I'm hoping next year pans out to be a team that can perform above 500 - and can beat Green Bay at least once.

Full disclosure - After feeling extremely frustrated during the first quarter I fell asleep off and on for the rest of the game.

No comments: