Tuesday, December 19, 2006

6 days to go!

Only six more days until the holiday is upon us. At our house it really is an extended holiday, as is the norm I suppose. I headed to my parent's on Sunday to help frost cookies with my family (including the nephews). Pictures of this fun to be posted later tonight! Pete decided to stay home and relax. Too much family makes this boy a wee bit edgy and with what we have in store for this weekend he thought it best to sit and watch the Vikings lose yet another game.

This year we start celebrating on Saturday at my sister's house. Between the cookies we made on Sunday and the batch I am hauling from our house we will be full of butter and sugar! What a way to start the family filled weekend. The next day we will head to my in-laws for some serious noise time, whoops, I mean family time. With all eight grandchildren in attendance it can get a little crazy, especially when there are gifts to unwrap. Christmas Eve mass rounds out that day. The next day we head to the extended Whitcomb family gathering. One thing they don't prepare you for in couplehood is the constant juggling of family gatherings. If we go here, where do we need to go next year? And both Pete & I are pretty tight with our families so it makes it a bit of challenge. Oh well, this is a problem I should complain about????

I'll make sure to take a plethora of photos for posting after the weekend. There's nothing like pictures of kids with huge grins on their faces.

2 comments:

carrster said...

We have the exact same problem except Steve's parents are divorced to there are 2 families to visit on the B- side of things. (ha! The "B Side" I like that...) Sorry....distracted.... We have the funeral to go to on Saturday morning (not very festive, but lots of family), a party at STeve's aunt's that night (not sure we'll make it now), Christmas Eve church service, then off to his Dad's, Christmas morning at his Mom's and then "Christmas" with my side on the 29th. Whew! It's tough but you're righ t- such problems to have, huh?

Anonymous said...

Our family a long time ago when my sisters and brothers got married decided to do every other year. Too hard to do everyone in the same few days when some live 6 hours away. So every one is home at least every other year and the opposite year you go to the inlaws. It works well and is usually fair. Usually then we try to get together sometime before or after the holidays.