Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Has it really been that long?

Omigosh. I just realized how long it has been since I logged on... time has flown the last couple of weeks, although nothing really exciting is happening. Just the general business of life. Most of my photo shoots for the holidays wrapped up the first week in December. It was pretty fun to have to lug my gear around for the last few weeks and spend some time with friends. You'll have to check out the whitcombcreative site soon as I hope to add some new material.

Holiday cards were created and sent out. Jordan thinks we're mad to make our cards every year but despite all the work, Pete and I enjoy making them as you can be sure no one else has a card like this one. We just ordered our client cards last night and this year we are using one of my recent photos of a holiday ornament. Hopefully this will drum up a bit of new business for both of us.

My insomnia seems to have returned but my asthma has lessened. According to my doctor, he doesn't know if one leads to the other... Urgh. Last night was a particularly rough night. If I get angry I'm pretty much done for and I was pissed when I woke up at 4am. I know it just makes it worse, it's like I can't shut off the switch in my brain, even when I try to distract myself by thinking of spaces where I feel peace. I just don't know how long I can last with only 5 hours of sleep at night.

I am itching to be done with school. Only one more class left. This time I swear I am not going back. I admit I might take a art class here or there but I am not paying another dime for a 14 week course.

We still don't have any snow in the Twin Cities. Seems so odd to be driving to work in the rain on December 12th. Hopefully this will turn out to be a white Christmas.

1 comment:

carrster said...

I keep trying to leave you comments and they don't work!!

I'm sorry to hear about your insomnia! That sucks. Steve often has it too and when he gets angry or annoyed it definitely makes it worse. I hope that you find some solution soon. (or part time solution at least???).

LOVE the Christmas card! You guys are so good to make them every year. I am a 50/50 girl myself. This year I bought (well, I bought last year) as I knew with wedding stuff + honeymoon right before Christmas I wouldn't have time to make them. I was right.

Looking forward to seeing your new photos. :)
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!