Wednesday, November 15, 2006

You want me to pay how much?

Cars. How I wish I could control public transit and make it go where I wanted to on my whim. The damage on my lovely auto will run nearly $1200. Turns out my starter was staying on and eventually melted the wiring harness, not to mentioned drained the brand-spanking new battery. Not what I wanted to hear before heading into the gift buying season. Hopefully this will take care of any issues, my ride will be fully functional and it will last another five years. Urgh.

On a more positive note, I entered five photos into a salon last night. My organization 'supports' a camera club that meets once a month. Last night was the second meeting I attended.

This is only the second time I have ever had my work judged. I am sensitive about my work. I don't have the highest level of confidence and always feel like a fraud. It was a big step for me to take in my work and let it be judged by 15 virtual strangers. Two of my photos were 'selected' and I was happy to feel myself responding positively to the feedback the group provided on the other three. I could see where they were going.

AND my name was drawn out of the hat for a month long 'showing' of my work in one of our buildings. I need to present 6 photos and 3 will be selected. They have already 'chosen' one, a personal family favorite I displayed last night. It's very exciting and validating. Instead of being scared about showing my work I hopethis will build my confidence, help me become both technically strong and more creative/free in my work. Then I can leave corporate America forever!!

1 comment:

carrster said...

That's great news, Holly! It's so hard to put yourself out there and have other criticize (critique, whatever) what you do. Don't I feel your pain. i don't think it'll ever be easy for me.