Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Day Two

Yesterday was my first day without the beloved java bean. I had an asthma test yesterday so I couldn't drink any coffee prior to the exam. Since we are hoping to have a child in the not too distant future I thought I might as well get it over with and deal with the headaches now. Pete thinks I'm crazy, that I should have eased myself off my addiction, but much like when I quit smoking, if I don't do it full board I will slip back into the habit. I'm a cold turkey kind of quitter.

So far this morning it doesn't seem too horrible for Day Two. However, it hasn't really hit me and I expect by 9am I will be dealing with a headache and considering running to the cafeteria to get a tall non-fat vanilla latte. Hmmm...doesn't that sound good?

On a totally unrelated matter... If anyone needs any more proof that global warming is really a problem need not look any further. How many of us living in this great state, remember heading into the last weekend in November with NO snow on the ground. Granted, there was snow down south two weeks ago but that has since disappeared. How am I to get in the holiday spirit without any snow on the ground? Mind you, I am not a huge fan of the winter dragging on but I fear we will have a brown holiday season. As a native Minnesotan that doesn't sit too well with me...especially when I consider the underlying cause of the weather changes. It blows my mind that I just saw yet another car manufacturer (out of where, Detroit did you say??) put out their 'largest vehicle yet'. Pulease. Why, why, why do we need to drive automobiles that emit that much pollution and burn up that many resources?? Full disclosure here: my husband owns an SUV. Which I hope we can get rid of soon. He says he needs is for hauling 'stuff'. Yet, when we have to haul anything larger than 3x3 we have to rent a trailer. Hmmm... but he needs it for camping. I've seen small vehicles packed well enough to take all your gear camping and then some.

OK. Now that I've gotten that out of my system. I hope everyone has a delightful Thanksgiving holiday and all those traveling have a safe trip.

No comments: