Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Ghosts and Goblins

We had nearly 100 trick or treaters last night! I know we would have hit over 100 if we hadn't RUN OUT OF CANDY. I had a sinking feeling at 7pm when I started to see the bottom of the candy bowl and by 7:45 I was handing out less and less as the kids came to the door. Pete had the idea of counting this year so we could gauge how many to expect for next year. We are, apparently, a destination neighborhood for families. We're off main roads and have many cul-de-sacs so it's perfect for trick/treating.

Our first kids came around 5:45 and were the boys from across the street. I love these two as they remind me a lot of my sister's boys. I'm glad they were our first guests this year. We saw some good costumes and many with their jackets on as it was very cold for the little ones. Pete's favorite: snowmobiler (of course). Holly's favorite: Native American princess (she was adorable!!).

I can't wait until next year!

No comments: