Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Shifting Gears

After becoming quite addicted to reading blogs friends I have decided to shift gears adjust the focus this blog. It initially started out as a platform to share my photography attempts, but since Pete developed our website I find that I direct interested clients there. So... since I have friends both near and far with whom I like to keep in contact, I'm going to move the direction of this forum to updates on the family and such.

Welcome to the new and improved blog!!

I wish with the inaugural post for this fashion I had more to say. The Whitcomb house continues to be a flurry of activity. I recently bought a new set of lights to help build my photography business. With the holidays approaching I've booked quite a few sessions with existing clients. My prices are quite low so that makes me attractive and I'm willing to come to clients homes when kids are involved - also a big selling point since sometimes those little ones can be a challenge. Hopefully gas prices will continue to stay low or I'm going to have to reconsider my pricing structure :)

Jordan got a cool haircut and color done in the not too distant past. Since she is with us this weekend I'll try to snap a few photos and post them so you may see her in her red-headed glory. She looks quite good in her Minnesota Gopher gear.

This year she passed me in both height and shoe size. It went by so fast I didn't even get to borrow any of her shoes! She still has the metabolism I dream of and can fit into all the clothing I pass her way (as long as it isn't pastel!). Urgh. The curses of getting old. I wish for the days when I could eat anything I desired and not gain any weight. Despite training and running the Twin Cities 10 mile I didn't drop any weight. Seems like in order to keep up with my metabolism I need to be moving ALL the time. Kinda hard to do when you have a job that requires you to be on the computer for 6 out of the 8 hours. Oh well.

No comments: