Monday, October 29, 2007

I am disturbed

So, no football on last night and I ended up watching the History Channel's show on Nostradamus. What a bad idea. I am now dreading December 21, 2012. Apparently that is when the world is going to end (as we know it) according to our man Nostradamus and some other Mayan seers.

Great. Just freaking great. I did the math and realized Claire would be a whopping 5 years old when the world ended (as we know it). Then my mind starting spinning out of control. What will happen to her if she survives some catastrophic event and her parents don't? What is going to happen to the world? How can this be? Why am I just learning about this now?

This damn show should have come with a warning. New parents who will worry about their child's future should not watch this for fear they will never sleep again. Or something of the like.

2 comments:

Cellomama said...

I am finally developing a good sense of what I'm "allowed" to watch, and what I am not. ER episode where toddler is in car accident - NO. Anything involving sick kids - NO. Abduction - NO. Etc.

I once made the mistake of watching some asteroid-strikes-earth movie and literally was up half the night sobbing. Since then I have gotten very careful and will switch the channel immediately if I see anything that will give me crazy ideas.

In my view, one of the oddest side-effects of being a Mom.

carrster said...

yeah - that was what set off the whole HORMONAL EVENT in my camp too.

But I try to enlighten myself by remembering that Nostradamus wanted to provide WARNINGS for people - not absolutes.

It helps a little bit.

Besides, they probably got their math wrong anyway.