Monday, April 02, 2007

Random Monday stuff

Skepticism: I'm not sure about this one. Most of my friends with kids gained between 25-35 pounds, some even more. None of their kids are overweight. My nephews can't even hold their pants up without belts at the ages of 2 and 4 and my sister certainly gained 30+ pounds. I think it has more to do with kids being plopped in front of a television set to keep them occupied than eating habits of the mother during pregnancy. But we'll see. If this is the case, I'm in a heap of trouble as I think I have already gained 20 pounds.

Update on Tabitha: She still isn't eating all of her food. The doctor didn't find anything on the X-Rays and said we should just watch her weight for the next 2-4 weeks to see what happens. Next step would be to do an ultrasound. Times like these when I wish I would have paid for that pet insurance. I just want my baby girl to eat.

Amazing experience: I attended the TCACCC Spring Break this weekend (a photography workshop). Overall it was a good experience. I'm not at the level of most of the people who attended but it was still a positive way to spend the weekend. The most amazing thing was the opportunity to interact with and hold bear cubs. The Minnesota Wildlife Connection brought down three black bear cubs, two wolves and two foxes over the two day program. The bear cubs were by far the biggest hit. They were so cute! Two were twins born in January and the third was born two weeks after the twins. The size difference and walking ability between them was astounding. The older cubs would crawl around, bleating for their mother, crawl up on your legs (like a tree) and curl up in your lap. The smallest was like a newborn, still sleeping all the time. I had a hard time breaking away from them - when in my life will I have the chance to hold a bear cub??? I'll be sure to post pictures of the cuties later this week.

No comments: