Tuesday, April 24, 2007

More strange animal behavior

This morning when Pete and I were taking out the trash I saw a bird fly into the garage and sit on top of the garage door opener. Another bird was nearby but flew off around the house. When we entered the garage I told Pete what I had seen and we sat and looking at the bird. I realized that some pieces of grass were hanging over the side of the opener. The bird flew out and I told Pete to check out. He hopped up on the side of the truck and pulled off a few pieces of grass. Pete had left the garage door open yesterday and during the course of the day a robin decided this would be the ideal place to start building a nest -- secluded, out of the wind/rain, no other birds to fight, etc. We then realized that the bird was waiting for us to open the garage door so she/he could continue building the nest! I'm glad I saw the bird fly into the garage, otherwise it is likely we would have closed the door and the poor robin would have been trapped all day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to ask, do you feel that the robin chose you because it can tell you are also "building your nest"? When I was pregnant we had some geese nest in our backyard and walk around with their goslings and I felt certain they'd chosen us because they knew we wouldn't shoo them away. Some sort of mother-nature karmic thing, I guess.

Test said...

Never thought of that~ could be!