Friday, May 28, 2010

Mall Cops: Mall of America

OK. Not sure if anyone has heard of this show. Yes, the premise does seem a bit...boring. But when your neighbor is one of the people on the show - you watch. Just so you can see him. It's a hoot. Pete & I plopped ourselves down on the couch and tuned into a show we might have skipped over otherwise. (We did spend a fair amount of time watching the Twins beat the Yankees, btw.)

And in case you didn't watch - our neighbor is the dude standing second in line if you start from the right of this picture. He had to deal with a drunk old man and a couple other 'issues' in the episode focused on the Vikings players event.

Having worked at the MoA for a couple of years I probably have more respect for these people than the average rube. Having dealt with shoplifters, kids who have parents who clearly do not give a crap about where they are and what they are up to and enough rudeness and inappropriate behavior from 'patrons' to last me a LONG time - I appreciate that these cats take it off my hands and deal with it so I don't have to. Get it out of my store and/or make sure it doesn't make it to my store. That's all I cared about.

Thanks to Benny and all his colleagues!!!

Oh... and thanks for the times you walked me to my car when I left a floor set at an ungodly hour.

1 comment:

Sarita said...

I watched a little bit of it, just out of curiosity. Being regular mall walkers we were warned on every visit for the last six months, that were in danger of being filmed, and what to do if we objected to that idea. I wasn't impressed. Not enough crazy for my reality TV taste. But I agree that at a place like MOA, security isn't an easy job.