Saturday, December 20, 2008

To shovel or not to shovel?

OK peanut gallery... What's your take? When expecting multiple inches of snow, do you shovel in shifts or just wait until it has all fallen. Take into consideration no snow blower. 

Much of this depends on the weight of the snow. Todays snow is light, so light Little Missy and I couldn't even make a snowball with it this morning. (We tooled around for a bit up and down the street. I don't think she has been outside except to run from the car to a store and back in over two weeks. She was due for a bit of fresh air.) We are shoveling in shifts today. With 5-9 inches expected we thought, sans snowblower, we would be better off doing one mid-day and either late tonight or tomorrow morning. Ahh... the dilemmas one faces when living in Minnesota. 


2 comments:

Kate said...

I'm all about shoveling in shifts. Especially when it's heavy. But also, just to make it less painful in the end....

carrster said...

I shoveled mid-storm on Friday. Steve finished with the snow blower when he got home. I think my efforts helped...I also shoveled the front walk/steps twice. I figured I owed the mailman that much.