Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Me no wanna

I have no desire to work. None. I have a meeting in an hour with my boss' boss and I don't really want to go. I don't want to work anymore. Urgh. Change in weather? Maybe. I think it has more to do with my tenure. I never last too long at one place because I get bored. I have been in this position for just over 2 years, for me that is a LIFE TIME.

I know I need to get my butt in gear, in this environment, demonstrating a lack of work ethic makes you a target for cuts. Our company has made several in the last couple of months and I am lucky I made it through (it wasn't that close, but who knows...). I should be looking forward to this meeting and ingratiating myself to another element of this company. But you know what? I don't care. I want to be at home and take my daughter to ECFE and spend more time with her. Not with the people I work with. Sorry folks.

On another totally unrelated topic, I fear I am jinxed. I went to donate last night and they rejected me because my hemoglobin was too low. By 2 tenths of a point. I am going to get some red meat, eat some Oreos (the cookie that has the highest iron levels) and not mix my calcium with my iron (calcium depletes it). Then I'll make yet another appointment and hopefully drain myself of a pint of blood.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I gotcha on the job thing. Most of the time I love working, but then I get those waves of the yucks. Hang in there.