Tuesday, July 08, 2008

TC 10 Mile

My in-laws and I are registering for the TC 10 mile. I haven't run a race since the last time I ran this course in 2006 before becoming pregnant.

I'm not sure I am ready for this. I think I should have started with a couple hundred 5k races before getting back into mid-distance runs. Oh well. The race is a lottery so we won't know if we are in until July 18th. In the meantime I need to maintain the thought that we could get in and get my butt in gear. I haven't been able to make it past 3 miles on a run. How the heck do I think I'm going to make it 10? Yeesh. I used to kick out 5 miles without question. What happened to me?

Today is a run day so I'll go pound the pavement during lunch and see if I can get my head back in the running game.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Well, it's a push for you! Something to work toward. I'm just hoping to lose 10 lbs before family vacation. You and Meigan are smokin' me!

carrster said...

Grandma's Half is calling you!!

Meigan said...

Woohoo! Go Holly!!!! Honey, if I can do this triathlon on Saturday, you can totally kick a 10 mile, Miss Marathoner!!!