Monday, July 14, 2008

Nanny search

OK. After one night of sleep which amounted to a whopping 2 hours, it dawned on me (no pun intended) that I am having serious issues with the daycare thing. Since Ms. C was denied her RSV shots last year she has one more year to go before she has moved out of the 'high risk' area. The idea of putting her in a daycare.... yeah, right. It goes beyond that issue, alone, but I haven't the energy to post why it bothers me so. I think it has a lot to do with not having found the 'right' place yet.

So, the nanny search has begun. To keep Claire from being overexposed to germs, we will pony up the money and get a nanny. I have a couple leads and am going to through a post out on Craigslist. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Cellomama said...

We did a decent amount of research on nannies before I decided to stay home full-time. The daycare thing wasn't a good fit for us, and had I decided I wanted to keep working we would have switched to a nanny. Should I go back sometime, that's definitely the route we would follow.

I don't know if you've looked into Nannies of the Heartland, but everyone I knew at work (and even my sister, 10+ years ago) found their nanny through this service. Might be worth checking out.

Good luck, hon. It's a tough decision.

MommyLisa said...

It is hard to find the right person to leave your little children/babies with - and if it does not feel right, you just can't do it.

I started looking in Oct/Nov before I had my baby in January of 2006 - and I still ended up changing daycare before she turned one because I became uncomfortable with her environment.

Thank goodness the daycare she is in now are people whom we really get along with well - lots in common including teenagers in the same school. LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM.

but, I know I am lucky and blessed to have found them.

L