Monday, July 14, 2008

938

This is how many calories I can take in during the day if I want to lose 2 lbs a week. Crap. I think I might have already taken that in today. 938. WTF?

I have been 'trying' to lose weight and seriously need to do something before I learn we have been given the green light for the TC 10. I do not want to be carrying around this extra 10 lbs while running. My knees took enough of a beating last spring with the extra 25 lbs from the pregnancy.

Today I go run with a coworker and am not all that excited. Ms. C did not have a good night and was restless, meaning mom did not sleep and was equally restless. When I got up at 4am to tell Pete to come to bed, the cat puked. I mean really. Can't a girl just get some sleep.

How this turned into a post about sleep I don't know....

Anyway. My point is, I will have to figure out what I can to do get back on track. No more sweets after dinner. Smaller portion sizes and I'm seriously considering dropping my weight training and adding back in the cardio. I hate to stop lifting, as I do enjoy that activity, but with only running 2, sometimes 3 days a week, I will not be prepared for any race. Urgh. This getting old thing sucks.

3 comments:

Kate said...

weight loss. ick. exercizing. ick. need to do both? somehow is more than ick + ick.

Cellomama said...

Wow - that's really not enough for anyone, I would think.

I have no idea if you're open to this or not, but have you considered Weight Watchers? You can do it online without the meetings and stuff. I've always done my weight loss solo, but I tried WW last summer and loved it. Just a thought.

But wow, 938 just can't be enough to live on. Even a weeone.

Meigan said...

Oooh, that's low. And depressing. Can you ease into it?

I think it is a little too low, to Laurie's point. WW doesn't want you going under 20 points a day, which is about 1200 calories. It's because of the deprivation thing - you'll become resentful of giving so much up that you'll cheat more.

And certainly if you're training you should have more. I tend to stick to Shape magazine's suggestions of 1400 - 1600 calories on an active day, and try to eat good, whole foods. (but then again, look at me & you'll see how well that's working, lol!)

I do like WW - I'm a lifetime member & am proof that it can work. Email me if you have any questions - meiganrath@aol.com.

Good luck with it all! I can be your WL buddy!