Monday, June 02, 2008

Weekend wrap up

What a crazy weekend. Well, it felt like a crazy weekend...

Friday night started with a viewing of SATC with some girlfriends and dinner, including cosmos, of course. I had a great time at the movie. It did make me laugh and cry and I realized how much I missed the girls from NYC. My night out lasted all the way until 9:30pm - whoo-hoo!

Saturday was spent working feverishly to finish the baby blanket for my friend. Her shower was on Sunday and I hadn't quite finished the edging. I was able to finish and toss it in the washing machine with Claire's laundry, a minor victory for this poor planning crocheter. Pete ripped out the other dying dogwood from the front yard. I ripped out the really dead one last week in one pull. The semi-dead one came out in three pulls from Pete. It is so nice to not have those scraggly looking crappy things in the front yard. I was able to transplant the hostas from the backyard where they were less than thriving along with the marigolds and then we went to a local garden center to pick up yet more ground cover. We spent part of the evening in the lower level of the house waiting to see if we were going to be swept away by rain or wind and/or if our gardens would take a beating. We were lucky and made it through with just rain. Claire was able to 'stay up late' as the weather hit our neck of the woods right when I was going to put her down.

Sunday we did the church thing and putzed around. I was able to get the rest of the flowers in the garden and will call it good for the year. Until I split some more of the iris' and transplant some in the back garden that just don't seem to like the soil. Man I love putzing in the garden. The smell of dirt after a rain, like perfume to me. Then I headed to the shower. I had hoped to bring the babe but she fell asleep right before I headed out - which is for the best. After the shower I started to prep for our annual garage sale this weekend. We host every year b/c we have the best locale. We don't have a lot of stuff this year, all the baby stuff is going to my sister so we're pretty light on merchandise.

I keep thinking last year at this time I thought things were going well and that the pain in my back and headaches were associated with just regular preggers issues. Who would have thought?

No comments: