Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Hmph. Hope this looks OK.

I think I left my brain somewhere yesterday. Or perhaps I lost it over the weekend. Who knows. All I know is as I was biking into work today I realized that I forgot my bra. Good thing I decided to wear something that won't show that I am wearing my sports bra today instead of one of my newly purchased, nicely laundered bras. And I have to do a presentation over lunch. Oh well.

I don't know what my deal is lately but unless I have a list I'm SOL. I can't even remember what I'm doing from one day to the next. I associate some of this with a large part of my brain being used for new parenting worry and the rest with the fact that I don't sleep.

This is not due to my lovely daughter but, rather, my lovely husband and his frickin' snoring. I'm about to snap. I don't know why this is hitting me so hard this week, but I am seriously having a very hard time dealing with the noise. Up at 3am this morning listening to him sawing logs. Rolling over works for a temp fix. Urgh. I'm dragging. We've tried those silly nose strips. He just takes them off sometime in the middle of the night and sticks them on the wall. Not kidding. He has no clue what he has done with them.

Maybe I'll just lay my head down on my desk for a little nap.....

1 comment:

Cellomama said...

I'm sure the snoring isnt' helping, but there's a reason they call it "Mommy Brain". It's definitely worst that first year, but I found it never quite went away. I fully believe that part of your brain is just always focused on your kid(s) and not available for other processing!!