Friday, January 04, 2008

I'm back!

Took a bit of a hiatus from blogging the last couple of weeks. The holiday season is busy enough and learning how to haul another person along and work with her schedule wore me out. I am now battling a serious head cold and had the stomach flu the Friday after Christmas. Just getting out of bed was enough for a while.

Now that I am back at work and staring at my 2008 goal list I have begun procrastinating and have jumped back on the blogging bandwagon.

2008 is going to be an interesting year here at the big corporation. We learned at the end of 2007 that our team would be moved to another staff group. Again. In my short tenure with this joint I have reported to three different groups. While this move makes wonderful sense as we will now be part of Legal it scares me a bit.... There are NO trainers in Legal. None. Nada. Zilch. The atty's either do it themselves or they buy it off the shelf and push it out to the company. My boss tells me I am a-OK and shouldn't worry about being canned. But what the hell is he supposed to say? 'Yeah, you might be out of a job but keep working your tail off because I still have to meet my expectations?' Of course he is going to tell me I'm going to be safe. I've heard that before.

So I have updated my resume and continue to keep trucking along on the projects I have while hoping that my boss' new boss decides that not only does he need a trainer but that there is other work I could be doing for him. I really need this job security since I am the primary breadwinner, holder of family insurance and financial planner for the family.

On a more happy note, my photo biz has been picking up. I did a shoot over the holidays, have one scheduled for tomorrow (twin boys less than a month old!), one for next week and a wedding and headshots next weekend. To reward myself I went out and purchased a light meter. I can't wait to try it out tomorrow on the twins!

Pete indulged my new past time (which has lapsed the last few weeks) and bought me the Stitch & Bitch Crochet Happy Hooker. I was flipping through and can't wait to tackle some of the cool stuff she has in here, especially the bear and the purses. What fun! I am not particularly fast but it gives me something to do on cold nights when I'm not running around outside.

OK. Enough procrastinating. For someone who needs to make sure she keeps her job I need to get my ass in gear and get back to work!

No comments: