Sunday, June 07, 2009

Perspective

My heart hurts today. I just learned that a friend of mine, who has been battling cancer for a number of years, passed away this morning, the day after her 41st birthday.

She was one of the most beautiful women I have ever known. Her spirit, energy and light always made things 'right'. She brought something to this world. And I am sad to see her go, even though her pain is over and she is finally at peace.

I pray that her three young children always remember how wonderful their mama was and grow up knowing she was well loved by all.

When Little Missy wakes up from her nap today, we are going to spend some quality time together.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Oh darlin. Hard to put it in perspective when it still hurts. Time enough for perspective later on. Let it hurt. Shows how much you loved.