Monday, January 05, 2009

Must... lead... healthier... life

I'm tired. All the time.

My blood pressure is bordering on hypertension. Today it was 'low' at 132/92. Yes, folks that is scary.

I need to lose 10 pounds. No joke. Does weight watchers accept people who are trying to lose only 10 lbs?

I have hives and I don't know what is causing them.

How did this happen to me? How long ago did I run that marathon? When did this happen? It feels like it happened over night (which, it did not). Instead of having thoughts along the lines of "I'll never let myself look like that person over there" I have moved onto thoughts of "Damn those skinny bitches. Genetics suck."

Seriously, what the hell happened?

My life needs to change NOW or I fear I will not be alive for my daughters high school graduation.

Getting old sucks too.

3 comments:

Kate said...

I started taking high blood pressure medication after promising my doctor I'd do something about it for a year. It never happened, so now I'm on it.

Blech.

And my girlfriends and I just started the Clean Eating Diet by Tosca Reno. It's fabulous. And it's just normal food - nothing crazy and I have a ton more energy and my skin even looks better. Who woulda thunk it?

carrster said...

I ordered a dress for Michelle's wedding and the woman said "Um, your waist measurement doesn't go with the rest of your measurements..." UM YEAH, I KNOW! So I hear ya. Trying to clean it up in 2009. I have to fit into that dress, after all. *sigh*

(however, I find it hard to believe that you are anything but a tiny peanut. I've seen you semi-recently!!)

Meigan said...

Yeah, I agree with Carrie about the peanut thing.

But to answer your question, yes, WW will gladly welcome someone who wants to lose 10 pounds. In fact you should do it because you'll reach your goal faster than others - make yourself feel awesome but also motivate a few others around you. If you have any questions about it, email me. I'm a lifetime member (yes, quit laughing, it's true)