Friday, September 05, 2008

Scary Post Response

OK. I just got a comment on Ms. C's blog from an outsider. I know outsiders have linked to her blog b/c of the tracking and I've been considering making it private b/c I'm not sure how much I like the idea of pedophiles finding pictures of her online. I just changed the comments setting to allow me to moderate them (sorry kids, hope this isn't a pain).

I realize it could also have been just random but it really does make me think of protecting her more. Thoughts?

4 comments:

Kate said...

Wondered who that was, myself. I even went to his blog. He's just a weirdo and judging from the comments left on HIS page, he's been randomly jumping to people's pages here and there and probably won't even remember visiting yours.

Don't know about protecting her more. I'll leave that one to the moms! But will for certain come back and see what they say!

Sarita said...

Okay that is pretty creepy.

Do you have your blog set so it is out of the blogger listings and search engines ignore it? I spent far too much time hitting the "next blog" button looking at random blogs.

Since I started teaching again, FP and I have been doing searches for my blog and haven't found it yet.

carrster said...

Wow. Well, got me to thinking....I have changed the settings on Dahlia's blog to not let it be searched for on the internet (ie: goggle) or through Blogger (the 'next blog' feature Sarah was talking about). Really I don't want it to be SUPER easily accessible...just accessible enough for my technologically-challenged family to find it!

Meigan said...

Yuck. Sure it's nothing to worry about, but my mommy group had to go private about 5 years ago because stupid people wouldn't leave us alone. It's really unfortunate. Not as scary, really, as the sites do a great job once you report someone. But just more of an annoyance.