Friday, February 15, 2008

Letting her go already?

Daycare.

Who would have thought this word could be so scary. We're going to have to put Ms. C in daycare. Pete's workload is too crazy and my sister is going to need to scale back on taking her sometime in the next coming months. We have to bite the bullet and put her in on a part-time basis.

And I'm scared. I can't get over hearing about the bad situations that happen at daycare. I try to tell myself that there are hundreds of other kids who are just fine in daycare. Several of them are my friend's children! But all I think of is leaving her with a stranger. It makes my blood run cold. What will these people do when she has a meltdown? How long will she sit in her poop before they finally decide they can get to her and change her? Will they walk around with her like we do during the day holding her hands so she can 'stretch' her legs? How will they handle the fact that she likes to snuggle before falling asleep?

I just don't think I can do it. But I have to. I have to find a way to let her go and put my trust in some person who doesn't know my daughter.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Oh Holly, I feel for you my friend. What a hard decision! You know what to do - talk to your friends, visit some daycare providers, get to know them, it will be okay. And in the meantime, you'll worry and fret! Love you!

Sarita said...

It is hard, but you will find a place you can eventually trust. It is hard at first, but Aurelia loves to watch all of the other kids as they do their daily thing. Plus, our daycare feeds and changes her waaaay more often than we do.

carrster said...

I have the same fears. I know the day will come and I'm scared by it too!! I'm sure you'll find the right place. Hang in there. In the meantime stock up on extra hugs & snuggles.

kmd said...

Just make sure you take her to a place that allows parents to observe! xoxo