Wednesday, July 07, 2010

A new goal = lose 10-15 lbs

I went to meet a nutritionist yesterday. I've been off the wagon for quite some time and my continued hip issues haven't helped much. I find excuses to not exercise. Which all leads to weight gain, which furrther exacerbates the hip issue.

So I took the first step and decided that I needed some guidance on how to eat better. Really, I know what I should and shouldn't eat. What I need is accountability. I'm blessed that my company contracts with a nutritionist and my visit to her was at no cost. I return to her in two weeks and in the meantime I am logging everything I eat.

We spent 30 minutes chatting about my eating habits and where I need to make adjustments. Overall, she wasn't disappointed in me, but I need to make some pretty definite changes - like upping the fiber intake by another 5-10 grams a day. You'd think that would be easy... but I've also been put on a 1400/day calorie goal. So I've obviously got to cut a bunch of other non-helpful stuff out of my diet. In addition, I need to change my snacking from a single carb or single protein to a combo. And I have to drop a snack unless I am working out that day.

Yesterday didn't go as well as I would have liked - I ended up over 1400 but hopefully not by too much. My dear hubby already went grocery shopping and stocked me up with dried fruits, nuts, string cheese and fresh veggies from the farmer's market. I packed myself some snacks for the week and hope that having them readily available will stop me from choosing less healthy alternatives.

Typically, it takes my body roughly a week to adjust. And I get a bit hangry (hungry+angry). The next several days are going to be tough as I am giving blood tomorrow (need more than 1400 calories so I don't faint when I get off the chair), I am getting together with some pals on Saturday and have a graduation party on Friday. I just need to stay focused and not go overboard.

3 comments:

Kate said...

I've not blogged much about my weight loss, but I have taken off 10 lbs. Steady as she goes, is my motto.

Cellomama said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

I haven't blogged about my weight loss much, either, but I've lost 40 since I last saw you. You can do 10-15, girlie, and you will feel SO GOOD when you do. GO HOLLY!

(and GO KATE, too!)

carrster said...

You guys are awesome & look FANTASTIC, btw. That group picture with my belly in the front? eh, not so much.....

Here's to dropping lbs & feeling awesome! (now where'd my willpower go?)