Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Taking the win

Bath has been a battle at our house. I am the bath-giver to Little Ms. C as nights are my thing. And I dread them. All is well up until we get to the hair washing. Who knew this activity would spark such anger and fear in my child? I'm beginning to wonder if she was a witch in her past life...

Last night, I may have found the fix. For a few weeks anyway. We're in desperate need of some new bath toys and while at our nearly daily visit to Target we picked up two Circo watering cans. The intention was for her to be able to help water the flowers in the spring and veggies in the summer, but Little Ms. C confiscated them as new bath toys in the interim. She enjoys seeing the water come through the spout and during last eve's water fun I encouraged her to use them with her bath baby Daisy.

And then I used them on her. And she laughed. And giggled as I washed the soap out of her hair. And when I asked her if she wanted me to do it again.... she said YES!!! Whoo-hoo!!! Our first tear-free, non-mommy-singing-to-distract-her bath in months. I am so relieved. I might even look forward to her next bath.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Sigh. I'm so glad you found something that works!

carrster said...

yay!!! I love solutions to those kind of problems!

Peder said...

Hooray!