Monday, November 09, 2009

This whole weight thing

I'm debating... join WeightWatchers or not? I've picked up the pamphlet at work as there is a group that meets on campus and I've checked out the online option. I just can't seem to pull out my wallet and actually pay for it. Seems like I should be able to freaking do this on my own. I'm only looking to lose 10-15 lbs. For crying out loud, I know what I should and shouldn't be eating. Yet somehow it all goes down the tube into my ever-expanding tummy (and hips).

Interestingly, after my hip/back injury (fyi, jury is still out on what that whole thing might be) I seemed to lose weight. Funny. My guess.... muscle weighs more than fat and all that lovely toning I was doing while running 20-25 miles a week went to hell in a handbasket. While the scale may say one thing, my mind says another. It is only a matter of time before that number climbs its way back up. At least I still qualify to give blood, eh?

This whole only-recumbant-bike-or-swimming thing is just not working, despite my enjoyment of being able to read while working out (on the bike, not in the pool). You won't catch me at the pool unless I am toting around my toddler with other moms. At least most of us are carrying the same fat tire around our hips.

And the holidays are coming. And I like to bake. And I have ZERO willpower. Damn it.

1 comment:

Cellomama said...

I can't say enough good things about Weight Watchers - and I just do it online. I did the meetings for awhile, too, and found them helpful, but it's just not something I can pull off with two little ones.

WW is an incredibly intelligent approach to eating healthy. It's not a diet. I used to think it was gimmicky that they claim that, but I "get it" now. I seriously never feel deprived when I eat on-plan - I feel better and have more energy than I do when I eat whatever I want to. Plus, as a bonus, if I stay on-plan I almost always lose 1-2 lbs./week.

Look into the online plan, if you are skeptical. It's less expensive so it's less commitment.

Feel free to call me if you have any questions.