Thursday, March 27, 2008

Went Stripping Last Night

Get your minds out of the gutter, you crazy kids. I'm a mom now.

We headed to the Strip Club for a Birthday Club dinner last night. Delish, delish, delish. If you are a meat eater and interested in checking out a new surf and turf joint on the east side, I highly recommend you go. We were served by the co-owner Tim, who was just a delight. It's a treat when your server can tell you intimate details about the menu. He was also very kind when my steak came just a bit on the pink side for my liking. He accommodated me and brought me a new plate (new steak?) that suited my taste buds (read eyeballs). Dessert was a new experience for our table. A standard chocolate crowd, we deviated from our norm and found ourselves thoroughly enjoying some more springy flavors of lemon and blueberry. And he comped our birthday girl for her dessert.

Delightful. Our tab was one of the highest we have seen, even with only five attending, but well worth the money. I made a point to save enough for lunch today, which is my standard MO (stretch that dollar as far as I can).

I ordered a NY Strip with pistachio butter sauce. It was served with a healthy side of cooked carrots in butter. This is the first time, I believe, I have eaten grass-fed beef. And locally sourced, at that. Slathered in pistachio butter sauce it was hard to taste the difference. (Plus, I don't usually eat a cut of beef this caliber.) Fellow table mates who ordered their strip naked enjoyed the morsel so I can assume grass-fed is a hit.

Yum, yum.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Yummy, yummy! I'm a carnivore. All the way. Although I only ever eat steak when I'm "out."

Funny you should mention "grass-fed." When I lived in NC, Jason's co-workers wanted to know why chicks (hehe) from the Midwest weren't stick thin or overly obese. Jason told them it was because we were "corn-fed." I was laughing so hard, I couldn't even be offended!