Monday, December 10, 2007

Fat but not happy

Yikes. I stepped on the scale this weekend and about fell off. I was not happy with the number screaming at me in red. I swore I was going to get up and do 30 mins on the elliptical this morning but when the alarm went off I just hit the snooze and said forget it. I did get my hiney out of my cube this morning and walked for almost 30 mins around campus in the skyway. I'm not sure how far it is but my blood was pumping by the time I got back to my cube. And I have taken the stairs every time I've gone up or down today.

I was feeling pretty good until the almond M&M's were opened this afternoon. My coworker is the keeper of the department candy dish. A couple of us chip in and grab a bag or two of candy (mostly chocolate) and keep it stocked. About two weeks ago I filled it with almond M&M's and we all discovered that we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the almond option. As a result, someone bought two more bags, which were opened this afternoon, and I have found myself heading to the candy cube twice already since lunch. Urgh. All that work I did on my walk is slowly settling back onto my already fat butt. Must resist the tasty combo of almond and chocolate!

Exercise used to be a big part of my life. Now I can't find the energy or lack the desire to stare at the TV while going nowhere on my elliptical. And I haven't touched a weight for months. I suppose we could argue that my babe counts as a weight. I've been thinking about how I can use her as my free weight... Bicep curls? Not so much. But there are creative ways to do push ups and sit ups. I hate to be such a routine person but without it I am a lazy fool. I've got to get some sort of workout routine going or I am going to have to go buy some new pants.

My sister got me a baby yoga DVD for my birthday and I am making my way through some positions. The DVD is geared more towards the baby so I'm not getting too much exercise out of it but it is still a fun way to spend time with the kiddo.

4 comments:

michelle said...

Goodluck!

I've been trying to get back into a routine as well - I swear I'm going to start tonight!

Chris tells me to just buy new pants but I refuse to spend money on pants that I don't want to and know shouldn't fit....

carrster said...

For me it's those dang Christmas mint m&m's - they are way toooo good.

kmd said...

You are not fat. Goodness. Don't be so hard on yourself. Remember the part where you just had a baby? Give yourself time!

Meigan said...

Ugh, Holly, I know how you feel. I fell into peanut m&ms this week & was up a pound despite all my workouts. You'll get back into a routine - it will happen. My baby is almost four & I still have to schedule, schedule, schedule. I wish I could have been a zookeeper or a mail carrier instead of a desk worker...